Sunday, July 5, 2009

Installing CUCM 7.1.2 on AMD Processor

Everyone was wandering if Cisco fixed the problem on getting CUCM 7.x installed on a AMD processor based machine. Well the wait is over.

I had an opportunity to get hold of Cisco CUCM 7.1.2 and guess what the installation worked fine on my machine.

I am running a PC with an AMD Phenom Processor. Should work with other AMD processors as well.

But One thing I noticed is that CUCMBE is not allowed to install on my VMWare Workstation. Says that this hardware configuration does not support installation for CUCMBE 7.X. Haven't figured it out yet though.

No worrries still have a copy of CUCM/BE/CUC 7.0.X with me which does not have this problem.

One more thing it requires that you have an external NTP Server for installation. I don;t have a router at home as an NTP server so I am using a Windows XP / 2003 as an NTP server for my CUCM.

In case for those who are having a copy of CUCM/BE/CUC 7.0.X iso file, you can install the CUCM on a Intel based machine then transfer that image to an AMD based processor. There are some hacks to solve this on copy of CUCM/BE/CUC 7.0.X but I really don't want top go though all that trouble.

Here is my installation of CUCM 7.1.2



No comments:

Post a Comment